Oceanwide Expeditions is a Dutch vessel operator, organising voyages
that make it possible for passengers to enjoy the scenery and nature above and underwater in world’s most unique areas.
The regions we visit during these wildlife expeditions contain hardly any infrastructure and are almost only reachable by boat. Oceanwide Expeditions operates, so to speak, on the borderline of land and water, where daily guided excursions in small groups are organised. Oceanwide‘s expertise in designing and managing the wildlife voyages
allows them to offer quality tours in areas that will fascinate and amaze you time after time.
- Oceanwide Expeditions operates with private and chartered expedition vessels and is responsible for the management and operations on board. All voyages have been carefully prepared (routing, regulations, provisioning, crewing, excursions etc.) and developed and are sympathetic to the natural conditions of the areas concerned and therefore unique in their design.
- Oceanwide Expeditions looks back on 26 years of experience in expedition cruising, having built up a thorough knowledge of the areas visited. Oceanwide tours are constantly modified to guarantee the intended quality of Oceanwide voyages.
- During Oceanwide Expedition cruises, daily excursions in small groups are offered. Experienced tour leaders show you the most interesting aspects of the areas, often illustrated by lectures on board the vessel. Most lecturers come from a scientific background.
- Sailing schedules are always adepted to local sea ice conditions.
- Oceanwide is known for good and basic standards for the service and comfort offered to all passengers on board the ships
Oceanwide Expeditions offers unique, small-group expedition cruises
that allow passengers to enjoy the natural wildlife and scenery of some of the world’s most spectacular and prestine shorelines, above and below the oceans. The size, capacity and capability of our ice-strengthend vessels have proven to be a successful formula for many years
As the number of participants is limited to about 50 to 80 passengers, our small-expedition vessels offer a friendly, intimate atmosphere. Accommodation and on-board-life is cosy and comfortable.
Our voyages are primarily defined by an exploratory travel programme, spending as much time ashore as possible, combined with educational lectures on board. Moreover, we can be flexible, easily changing the course of the vessel and have our inflatable Zodiacs ready in no time for cruises among ice-floes or even the local wildlife. A friendly and experienced Russian or Chilean crew, international expedition and hotel staff, most of whom have been with the company for many years, will be anxious to share their enthusiasm and knowledge with their guests. Reliable vessels, completely rebuilt and operated under the supervision of Oceanwide Expeditions, allow Oceanwide to navigate safely through pack-ice and occasional remote narrow waterways.
The North Atlantic & Arctic season between May and September enables exploration of the spectacular scenery
with its fascinating flora and fauna including Polar Bears, Walruses and myriads of seabirds. The itineraries include rarely visited Scottish islands - Hebrides, Orkney and Shetland’s , the Faroes, Iceland, Jan Mayen, Bear Island, Spitsbergen, Greenland and Lofoten.
During the Southern summer months November to March Oceanwide’s vessels explore the islands of the South Atlantic, and Antarctica
where towering snow-capped mountains and enormous numbers of penguins, whales, seals and seabirds offer unparalleled photographic opportunities. The voyages include the Antarctic Peninsula & South Shetland Islands, Falklands (Malvinas), South Georgia & the South Orkney Islands. The Atlantic Odyssey leaving Ushuaia in mid March includes seldom visited jewels such as Tristan da Cunha, St. Helena, Ascension Island and Cape Verde Islands.