For supreme performance on serious alpine challenges, lace up the mountaineering crampon compatible The North Face Men’s Verto S4K GTX boots. These new, high-cut, best-in-class mountain boots feature Gore-Tex® membrane construction for complete waterproof protection without compromising breathability, plus synthetic leather overlays for durability and Panatex™ ballistic textile for weight-efficient protection. At the business end of the boots, Cradle technology enhances stability in the heels while Northotic™ foot beds and Ortholite® forefoot cushioning provide superb impact-busting support where you need it most, and Vibram® outsoles add sticky traction on slick terrain. Along the most demanding of alpine routes, The North Face Men’s Verto S4K GTX boots keep mountaineers moving with sure-footed, responsive confidence.
- Precise, Stabile, Lightweight. The new generation of mountaineering boots for mixed terrain.
- UPPER: Synthetic leather over the forefoot providing both protection and durablitiy Rugged Panatex™ ballistic textile providing weight savings and breathability without sacrificing any protection Geodesic inspired TPU cage providing support through the midfoot Smartlite® PU mudguard shedding the weight and providing better abrasion then traditional rubber mudguards Gore-Tex® waterproof, breathable membrane Stainless steel upper eyelets and locking instep eyelet
- BOTTOM: 5 part co-molded midsole: TPU Cradle™ heel stability technology with vertical anti-compression post to prevent crampon slipping BASF Agile PU body providing great durability and resistance from compression set EVA heel pad providing great cushioning while offering weight savings Northotic™ Pro+ premium EVA footbed with gel heel and Ortholite® forefoot cushioning pads and TPU Cradle™ support TPU shank providing optimum support and protection through the midfoot Combination polypropylene and fiberglass lasting board Vibram® Mulaz outsole
- Best-in-class, half-crampon mountaineering boot with Italian craftsmanship and European build features waterproof, breathable GORE-TEX® protection and CRADLE™ technology to deliver maximum performance and confidence on demanding, mixed terrain. UPPER
- GORE-TEX® waterproof, breathable membrane
- Smartlite® PU mudguard
- Northotic™ Pro+ premium EVA footbed with gel heel and OrthoLite® forefoot-cushioning pads and TPU CRADLE™ support BOTTOM
- Stainless steel upper eyelets and locking instep eyelet
- TPU CRADLE™ heel-stability technology with crampon spoiler
- Four-part, co-molded midsole
- BASF Agile PU body and EVA heel cushioning
- TPU shank
- Vibram® Mulaz outsole
- Polypropylene lasting board
on Men’s 9
APPROX WEIGHT/ ½ pair
WEIGHT/ 725 g
The mission of NorthFit™ is to achieve the best, most precise fit between the human foot and footwear or the form on which a shoe is constructed. To achieve this we’ve partnered with English shoemakers with great experience, collaborated with The North Face® athletes and consulted with labs and think tanks to ensure that the most reliable, quantifiable data and recent studies are taken into account. Mountains of data go into each NorthFit™ implementation. For example, based on research, our shoemakers have adjusted for a larger toe box in our endurance running shoes to accommodate swelling. A study of almost 900 men and women revealed significant differences in ball and heel width, instep height, and width. As a result, The North Face® women’s footwear has a proportionately unique build from that for men. In this way, the outdoor athlete can trust that the most up-to-date scientific data and experience have been factored into the comfort and performance they can enjoy with NorthFit™.
X-Frame™ is a form-embracing, TPU crib placed on the medial or lateral side of the hiking boot. This structure governs pronation while also bolstering support for side-to-side movements seen on trails and uneven surfaces. Hiking shoes and boots are placed under enormous strain. The athlete often carries loads of 30 lbs or more, over technical, uneven terrain that lurches the foot in unexpected directions. A slick, cambered boulder exerts pressure on fatigued joints, making them more prone to injury. Blisters aside, sprains are the most common hiking affliction, and the X-Frame™ aims to eliminate them from ever happening.
Boots & Shoes
Nuptse Tent Booties & Nuptse Tent Mules