The North Face Patrol 24 ABS avalanche airbag daypack combines our legendary Patrol pack with leading, proven ABS avalanche airbag technology. The evidence is clear that ABS airbags save lives with a 95% real-world avalanche survival rate when deployed. This product is a testament to our deep passion for back country, beyond the boundaries adventure and aimed at increasing the margin of safety for back country riders, climbers and ski mountaineers. With the pull of an activation handle, two integrated airbags deploy as they are filled with compressed Nitrogene gas. These bags help keep the rider on the surface and visible for a more rapid rescue. The mantra is “stay on top” as burial depth and time is related to an unfavourable outcome. The ABS system is air travel friendly and doesn’t compromise the available pack volume which is designed to accommodate every necessary back country tool - shovel, probes, skins, axes, crampons and more. Rigorously tested, researched and designed, The North Face Patrol 24 ABS is a proven tool for increasing back country safety without compromising the experience.
This product contains Nitrogene gas and is not available for express delivery.
- ABS avalanche airbag system integrated for quick deployment
- Bombastic™ auto-airbag fabric
- Higher denier internal materials to support ABS system
- Proprietary metal hipbelt buckle for superior breaking resistance during an avalanche
- Simple, stable, athlete-tested tuck-away ski
- board carry
- Huge avalanche tools pocket, with organization sleeves and backcountry essentials checklist
- Internal pockets for gear organization
- Dual hipbelt pockets
- Reinforced high-abrasion zones on pack face
Cordura® Bombastic™ nylon, 840 jr. ballistics nylon
Weight/ 2980 g
TOT. Volume/ 32 liters
24 liters, 8 liters for ABS system
The North Face® packs utilise innovative E-VAP™ foam in shoulder straps, back panels and hip belts to reduce weight and improve breathability and comfort. The lightweight E-VAP™ perforated foam panels encourage air to circulate, improving both breathability and evaporation, keeping the athlete dryer and more comfortable. Better yet, the wearer won’t get the damp, clammy feeling where the back and pack meet.